Civil Engineering with a Foundation year, BEng (Hons)
Civil engineers are vital to the design of our built environment. From bridges, tunnels and transport systems, to buildings, flood defences and water management, their performance is fundamental to modern society.
This degree gives you a strong grounding in the design and analysis of civil engineering structures.
The integrated Engineering Foundation Year programme can lead to any full engineering degree. It is not a qualification in its own right, but the first year of a four-year BEng degree.
You will develop complex problem-solving skills, gain the ability to sketch and model engineering solutions and become fully comfortable preparing technical reports.
As you progress, your developing analytical abilities will combine with hands-on experience of state-of-the-art equipment, establishing skills which are vital to securing employment in the wider civil engineering industry.
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
We accept a wide range of qualifications and backgrounds for the Engineering Foundation Year. Each application is considered on a case-by case basis, depending on the educational background and work experience of the applicant.
For A level or IB students, our standard offer is BBB - BCC at A level, or 26 at IB.
Students studying for BTEC or other vocational qualifications, who might not have the right pre-requisite Mathematical background for Year 1 entry, may also apply for this scheme. BTEC entry requirements for the Foundation Year are DDD, with D in all Mathematics modules.
All applicants are also expected to hold minimum B grades at GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and all sciences, including at least two A grades.
Mature students with relevant work experience, or access courses with a good mathematical and science content, are also considered for this scheme; an interview may be required.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Medical Engineering with a Foundation Year, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Medical Engineering, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Medical Engineering, MEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mechanical Engineering with a Foundation Year, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mechanical Engineering, BEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mechanical Engineering, MEng (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY