East Asian Religions and Cultures BA
This course is for September 2020 entry only.
This degree will give you an insight into some of the major religious and philosophical traditions of East Asia, putting them in their cultural and historical contexts and exploring how they are changing in an increasingly globalised world.
You’ll study the main traditions of Buddhism, Daoism, Shinto and Confucianism, as well as forms of folk religion and the encounter with Christianity and Islam. Using a range of approaches, you’ll explore these traditions through the prisms of anthropology, sociology, theology and cultural and historical studies. You’ll also have the chance to specialise in topics that particularly interest you when you select from optional modules. You even have the option to learn a language (Chinese, Japanese or Thai) although we teach all modules in English.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds