Ph.D. in Leadership in Education
The Leadership in Education Ph.D. program at the University of Massachusetts Lowell emphasizes the generation, critical evaluation and application of knowledge in the field of Leadership PK-Higher Education. The Ph.D. (requiring the highest level of research and content expertise) is recognized as the terminal degree for persons pursing a future career in research universities and other policy and research organizations. Students admitted to this degree may study on a part-time or full-time basis (there is a limited number of Teaching and Research Assistantships available for suitably qualified full-time students). The program requires 60 credits of study beyond the master's degree. There is no residency requirement for part-time students.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for admission to the Ph.D. all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Admission statement which addresses the applicant’s purpose for embarking on advanced graduate study, research interests, and aspirations for future employment.
- Earned master’s degree from an accredited institution. The most appropriate master’s degree is the M.Ed.; however, other related master’s degrees will be considered if the candidate can demonstrate work experience or knowledge of education policy and/or research. The master’s degree must have been earned with a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Resume, which highlights the applicant’s education and experiences relevant to the degree after completion of the bachelor’s degree.
- Satisfactory GRE scores are taken within the last five years.
- Satisfactory TOEFL scores are taken within the last year for international applicants as appropriate.
- Three letters of recommendation speak to the suitability of the applicant for advanced graduate work, work ethic, and knowledge of the field of education and/or education research.
- Writing sample that demonstrates the applicant’s ability to present a cohesive, focused, and persuasive response to an education issue of his or her choice.
- Interview on-campus or via a video-conferencing tool for those applicants seeking Teaching or Research Assistantships, or for those whose application materials raise unanswered questions.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Ph.D. in Marketing: Business Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Management Science: Business Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Management Information Systems: Business Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Leadership & Organizational Studies: Business Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Finance: Business Administration at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Business Administration - Entrepreneurship at University of Massachusetts Lowell