Bachelor of Science (Honours) Molecular Biology with Biopharmaceutical Science
What is the BSc (Hons) in Molecular Biology with Biopharmaceutical Science course?
The BSc (Hons) in Molecular Biology with Biopharmaceutical Science is a four year honours degree course, which can be chosen within the WD002 - Bachelor of Science (Hons) Common Entry Route.This course is designed to train you to work in the areas of biopharmaceutical, biomedical, and/or food related industries. The course will also train you for progression to furtherstudy such as postgraduate research and/or the Professional Master of Education (PME).
Why is Level 8 Molecular Biology and Biopharmaceutical Science important?
Industry needs suitably qualified graduates with hands-on practical experience to be part of exciting developments in the field of biopharmaceutical and related sciences. New advances in biotechnology use microorganisms as well as other cell types to produce drugs and other useful products. The nature of such work requires scientists who understand cellular processes and how they can be controlled. This four year degree is designed to train you in processes such as analytical testing, advanced molecular biology techniques, microbiological analyses, biopharmaceutical technology and cell culturing techniques which are important skills required to work in biopharmaceutical, biomedical, food and related industries.
What subjects will I study?
Year 1 of this programme will give you a solid foundation in both the theoretical knowledge and basic lab skills in biology, chemistry and physics. As you progress through years 2, 3, 4 of the programme you will gain specialist scientific skills in areas such as microbiology, molecular biology, pharmaceutical biotechnology, cell culturing, pharmacology as well as quality management which are key skills for your future career.
What are the unique features of your course?
You will spend a lot of time learning key practical skills by working in WIT laboratories. In addition to molecular biology and biopharmaceutical skills our close links with industry ensure that you will be exposed to other current industry techniques especially in the area of quality management and regulatory affairs and compliance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD002 BIO
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology