Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Assurance (Higher Education)
In recent decades, tertiary education has seen a massive increase in external and internal quality assurance (QA) activity around the world. A number of new QA agencies are being formed and reformed as universities and colleges grow in size, number and diversity. A new profession is emerging to meet the demands of QA - one that requires structured academic programmes to educate QA practitioners, stimulate research and inform new initiatives. Developed by the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE) and contextualized, converted as an eLearning programme by the Virtual University for Small States of the Commonwealth (VUSSC), the Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma in Quality Assurance will be offered and awarded by the University of Mauritius and offered in collaboration with the Commonwealth of Learning (COL) through VUSSC.
Unlike most education and training for the QA profession, which is in the form of short courses, this is a comprehensive academic programme for the training and professional development of QA professionals.
1. Develop well-informed perspectives on the issues and challenges for tertiary education systems and institutions, with a particular emphasis on the role of QA in a dynamic sector.
2. Apply the knowledge and skills to engage more confidently and effectively in the tasks of leading people, influencing policy, and implementing QA policies and processes at both the system and the institutional level.
3. Research and document higher education systems with recognised methods and approaches.
4. Ensure quality provisions in higher education sector both in the public and the private sector.
5. Develop mechanisms to implement quality assurance systems with respect to transnational higher education provisions.
- Aug Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For Masters programs, a first honors degree is important with at least upper second class.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 5500 USD
Application Fee: 50 USD
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) at University of Mauritius
- MSc in Financial Economics at University of Mauritius
- MA in Public Policy and Administration at University of Mauritius
- MSc in Finance at University of Mauritius
- MSc in International Business Management at University of Mauritius
- Master in Business Administration (Financial Services) at University of Mauritius