Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year)
The Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) is a one-year degree for high-achieving students who have already completed the Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent. The Honours degree allows students to build upon the knowledge gained in their past degree, develop research skills that will equip them for future study at a higher degree level and work closely with an academic expert to contribute to a particular area of interest. The main focus of the degree is to produce a research thesis under supervision from experienced academic staff.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) will have:
- an understanding of research principles and methods
- a significant amount of knowledge in a particular area, which will allow them to undertake further study, research and/or other professional work
- the ability to research, interpret and re-lay potentially complex theoretical principals
- the technical skills to design and conduct a research project, with some level of independence
- the skills to work collaboratively within an academic team of researchers as a junior member.
Importantly, this degree does not lead to nurse registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
1200 Mair Street, Ballarat Vic 3350 PO Box 650, Ballarat Vic 3350
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Canberra Campus (Signadou) 223 Antill Street Watson, ACT 2602
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Completion of an Honours degree equips graduates with important skills in research, data analysis and interpretation, and project management. It is the most efficient pathway to doctoral studies. An Honours degree also provides graduates with greater knowledge of research and interpretation, which can be usefully applied in the clinical setting.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor of Nursing and attained a GPA equivalent of at least 5.5 on the ACU seven-point scale in that degree.
English Language Requirement
- Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and require an academic IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0 (with a minimum score of 6.5 in all bands),.
- Course Code: 061896E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nutrition Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)