Master of Nursing (By Research)
Conduct original research and contribute to the healthcare field with a Master of Nursing (By Research) at Victoria University.
This course is designed for registered nurses with a demonstrated ability to conduct extensive study and research in a focused area of nursing. It will allow you to make new discoveries and ultimately improve the health of individuals, families and communities.
You’ll plan, undertake and disseminate rigorous research into a specialised area of nursing. The course will provide you with excellent professional development as well as make a contribution to knowledge and clinical practice in nursing.
St Albans Campus
Our St Albans Campus is a hub for health and nutrition research. It also specialises in arts and science programs. Our nursing and biomedical science students complete a large part of their studies at the new teaching and research centre at Sunshine Hospital alongside medical professionals. The campus has a modern community feel and is set in gardens of native grasses and gum trees. It’s a relaxed, friendly place to study, with a children’s centre, a gym, and award-winning architecture.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Through the research skills and knowledge you gain in this course, you will be able to provide leadership as a nurse at a local, national and international level.
You’ll be qualified for a research-related career in a wide range of public and private healthcare settings and in universities.
You could find employment as a nurse educator, academic or researcher. Job prospects are good, with employment for these positions expected to grow. You will also be prepared for possible entry into a PhD program.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's degree Completed with an overall average of all subjects (in the final year) 70%.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved one of the following levels of English language proficiency :
- IELTS (academic module): Overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79. Section score no less than:
> Listening: 19
> Speaking: 19
> Reading: 18
> Writing: 22
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 58-64 (with no section score less than 50)
- University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176. No individual band less than 169.
- VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6): Achieved.
IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and CAE: These tests must be taken no more than two years prior to commencing your course.
In some cases, we will accept test results from other methods of examination not listed in this table.
- Course Code: 069018J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Global Public Health at Victoria University
- Master of Sport Business and Integrity at Victoria University
- Master of Science (Research) at Victoria University
- Master of Public Health (Global Nutrition and Active Living) at Victoria University
- Master of Health Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University
- Master of Counselling at Victoria University