Psychology of Child & Adolescent Development (MSc)
Learn about developmental, emotional and behavioural problems, relationships in childhood and adolescence, and cognitive development in the context of legal, health and educational settings.
You will receive advanced training in psychological research methods and culminate your studies through an extended research project relevant to human development. The content and format of the paper should be suitable for publication in an academic journal in the field.
The transferable skills you will gain through this programme include data collection and analysis, research design, decision making, critical thinking and presentation skills.
The programme is structured to provide in-depth knowledge and skills specifically in the psychology of child and adolescent development. It provides excellent research training through a psychological research methods programme designed to meet the ESRC Postgraduate Training & Development Guidelines (2nd Edition, 2015).
The course is structured across three semesters, with teaching typically arranged over two consecutive days.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants will normally have a 2:1 in Psychology or a closely related discipline, although in cases where exceptional performance on the final year project, mitigating circumstances, or relevant employment can be demonstrated, applicants may be considered who have a 2:2.
- Applicants whose first degree is not in psychology will be accepted on a case-by-case basis to ensure that they have covered sufficient levels of psychology and research methods during their first degree.
- A satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure is also required as a condition of acceptance onto the course.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- TESOL with Chinese MA at York St John University
- TESOL MA at York St John University
- Special Educational Needs & Inclusion MA at York St John University
- Language & Social Justice MA at York St John University
- Criminal Justice MA at York St John University
- Professional Health & Social Care (MSc) at York St John University