Master of Nursing Science
Interested in a career in nursing and already have an undergraduate degree? Study the AUT Master of Nursing Science.
The Master of Nursing Science gives graduates from any bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) the chance to pursue a career in nursing. This program is ideal for graduates who are ready for a change in career.
After successfully completing the Master of Nursing Science, graduates will be eligible to apply for registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand (NCNZ).
AUT SOUTH CAMPUS
Our South Campus is located in the heart of Manukau. You can choose from courses based entirely at the South Campus, or include papers at the City or the North Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
Must have completed the following or equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree with a B grade average or higher in papers at level 7
- May be required to attend a selection interview
- Must be capable of meeting the Children's Act 2014 requirements, including police clearance
- Admission is subject to the approval of the programme leader
- Must be able to travel to clinical placements
- Immunisations must be current
- Have bystander CPR
- Course Code: AK3830
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Science (Research) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Sport, Exercise and Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Information Security and Digital Forensics at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Medical Laboratory Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Public Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)