Master of Legal Studies
The UTS: Law Legal Studies program meets the growing market need for non-law graduates working in the public and private sectors to have a thorough understanding of the legal and regulatory framework in which they operate. This includes an understanding of foundational legal concepts such as contract law and tort law, methods of legal research and theory, as well as the opportunity to develop expertise in specialist legal areas such as compliance and intellectual property law.
The Master of Legal Studies attracts students from a wide variety of backgrounds interested in expanding their skills to include an understanding of the legal framework, including professionals from the insurance, human resources, banking and finance industries, managers and administrators, and HSC legal studies teachers.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The program particularly benefits accountants and auditors, business development managers, compliance managers, engineers and architects, financial advisers and planners, IT professionals, law enforcement officers, paralegals, policy officers in the public, private and non-profit sectors, property developers, and public sector managers and administrators (especially those who work in Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts, the Attorney-General's Department and Treasury).
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
An applicant's bachelor's degree must be in a discipline other than law. Admission is at the discretion of the associate dean (education).
Minimum English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 080598B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Genetic Counselling (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Learning Analytics (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Executive Master of Strategic Communication at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Laws (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Laws at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Juris Doctor Master of Business Administration at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)