Psychology and Management BA Hons
Psychology allows us to understand how people think and behave, while management utilises this understanding to improve our working lives. This combined discipline allows you to develop the skills and knowledge for a fulfilling and rewarding career.
The key to good management is the ability to understand people and why they behave the way they do. Bringing together the expertise of two specialist departments: Organisation, Work and Technology; and Psychology, our programme has been designed to provide you with specialist skills, knowledge and experience from the two disciplines.
This degree is also accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), which is essential if you wish to pursue a career in professional psychology, and follows the main themes of modern psychology:
- Brain and Behaviour: how neural disorders such as Alzheimer’s Disease affect behaviour
- Cognitive Psychology: our reactions to colours, smells, speech and music
- Developmental Psychology: the ways in which infants perceive space, patterns, objects and events
- Social Psychology: how our thoughts, emotions and behaviours are shaped by the presence of others
You will learn from passionate academics, all of whom are active researchers and world leaders in their field, which allows you to benefit from their insight, expertise and cutting-edge research.
In the first year, you will gain an in-depth overview of the main study themes through our Understanding Psychology module. You will explore the theories underpinning these areas, learn to evaluate scientific journals, and develop your ability to construct formal arguments. Running parallel to this, you will also undertake the Investigating Psychology module, which will equip you with important practical skills for conducting research in psychology, such as data analysis and report writing.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Access help and advice, search for opportunities, see what events are taking place, apply for the Lancaster Award, explore further study options and other pathways to your future career.
Careers and Employability is open. All of our services are now available remotely.
You can book telephone or video appointments with our Careers Team, attend online workshops, send us a query and access all of our resources online. Information on how to access all of our services is available via this link.
International students bring a wealth of experience to the University and can offer a valuable insight into global careers. Support for international students is available from Lancaster University Careers Service.
PSW is 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (Standard XII)
Pass with 75% to 87% average from the best 4 subjects, excluding Hindi and PE.
- Course Code: CN82
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Zoology (Study Abroad) BSc Hons at Lancaster University
- Zoology (Placement Year) BSc Hons at Lancaster University
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics (Study Abroad) MSci Hons at Lancaster University
- Theoretical Physics with Mathematics MSci Hons at Lancaster University
- Theoretical Physics MPhys Hons at Lancaster University
- Psychology (Study Abroad) BSc Hons at Lancaster University