Bachelor of Design (3D Animation)
Let your imagination run free and create the unexpected with the Bachelor of Design (3D Animation) at Deakin. Explore how animation is used across film, television, advertising, web, motion-capture, and game design – and learn to draw or digitally create characters that leap off the page.
During your degree, you’ll learn the tools, strategies, and design methodologies required to develop your creative, technical, and analytical skills in animation production.
You’ll also explore design histories and theories and gain expertise in animation methods like computer graphic animation (3D CG modeling, character design, and rigging, CG lighting, and rendering) and motion-capture techniques. Use the same design tools as the professionals and gain hands-on industry experience by developing design solutions for real-world audiences.
Do you dream of working with Pixar, Dreamworks, or Studio Ghibli?
Throughout your course, you’ll work on real client briefs and ongoing creative projects. What better way to kickstart your career than by working with industry professionals from the moment you start university – tackling on-the-job challenges you’ll face in the real world.
If you’re creative and love moving pictures, this course can help you turn your passion into a rewarding career. You can even specialize in design areas you’re interested in by choosing elective units in your second and third year, such as:
- Creative Coding
- Drawing and Illustration
- Design of Virtual and Augmented Reality Systems
- Motion Graphics for Film and Advertising.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As a graduate, you’ll be a well-equipped multidisciplinary designer ready to work in motion design, animation, film, television, web design, Augmented Reality (AR), and Virtual Reality (VR). Roles include:
- 2D or 3D animator
- augmented realities designer
- arts editor
- digital designer
- game developer
- motion capture technician
- motion graphics designer
- multimedia developer
- VR designer.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII):- 65%
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education, with pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL.
Applicants will be selected in accordance with the published Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) for that year.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on one of their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent including relevant work or life experience
All Applicants seeking admission to the Bachelor of Design (3D Animation) will be required to complete a portfolio of work presented to a satisfactory standard.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application
- Course Code: 095255B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts/Master of International Relations at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University