Master of Science Computing (Information Systems Processes)
The MSc in Computing in Information Systems Processes combines the human, the organizational, and the technology to provide a broad perspective of modern information systems and their development. The human aspects of the program explore issues such as human-computer interaction, psychology, computer ethics, and systems development in the human-centered tradition.
The organizational aspects consider successful business processes and how these can be supported through information infrastructures such as supply-chain management systems. Finally, the technological aspects look to trends in information systems development, such as emerging methodologies, software development, and technological systems. The program also includes a research project and dissertation, thus allowing students to investigate an individual area of personal interest.
An applied work-based research project and dissertation may be particularly appropriate for working or part-time students.
The program consists of six taught modules and a dissertation. It can be taken on a full-time or part-time basis. Full-time students undertake three taught modules for each of the first two semesters. They also take support modules on research methods related to their dissertations. Students complete their dissertations over a third semester to complete the MSc program in 12 months.
Part-time students may complete their studies over a longer period. Students who choose not to complete a dissertation can instead complete a Postgraduate Diploma award comprised of the taught modules only.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- An honours degree in Computing, Information Systems, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Alternatively, an honors degree in Business Studies or Engineering where there is a strong computing component will also be acceptable.
- The number of places available on the course will be limited to a maximum of 20 in the first year. Therefore an interview process may be required in the student selection procedure.
- There is a prerequisite that a student successfully completes a bridging module in Systems Analysis and Design if they have not taken an equivalent module already. This module in an intensive introduction to object oriented analysis and design techniques.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD516
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Master of Science Computing (Enterprise Software Systems) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Analytical Science with Quality Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Arts Applied Spirituality at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Arts Advanced Facilitation Skills for Promoting Health and Well Being at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- MSc in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) for Practice at Waterford Institute of Technology