Master of Architecture (Professional)
If you wish to become a practicing architect, you must complete the MArch(Prof) program or one of our associated combined master's programs (followed by additional requirements from the registration boards).
The MArch(Prof) is professionally accredited, recognized by the New Zealand Registered Architects Board (NZRAB), the New Zealand Institute of Architects (NZIA) and the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA).
Following a year of advanced study, you will have the chance to explore an individual architectural design proposition, supported by a strong theoretical component, in a design thesis.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Successful completion of an MArch(Prof) qualifies you to work as an architectural graduate, with the goal of gaining full professional registration. You can also contribute to the industry as a designer, project manager, consultant or client liaison. Graduates also utilise their creative thinking in other fields, such as film or web design.
Jobs related to this programme
- Architect (following successful completion of additional professional registration requirements)
- Building industry consultant
- Digital design professional
- Heritage or cultural consultant
- Project manager
- Urban designer
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 4.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Robotics and Automation Engineering at University of Auckland
- Master of Architecture (Professional) and Urban Planning (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Aerospace Engineering at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Studies at University of Auckland
- Master of Information Technology at University of Auckland
- Master of Engineering Studies at University of Auckland