Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Social Care Practice
What is the BA (Hons) in Social Care Practice?
This is a 4-year level 8 course of study designed to prepare students for professional careers in Social Care Work and facilitate students who wish to pursue a specific area of interest.
The overall aim of the course is to develop critically reflective, skilled and ethically aware practitioners with the capacity to build professional relationships, in partnership with vulnerable individuals and groups who experience marginalisation, disadvantage or special needs.
The course involves the study of related disciplines of Applied Social Studies, Professional Practice, Sociology, Social Policy, Psychology and Law and Personal and Professional Development.
Special Feature of the BA (Hons) in Social Care Practice Course
The course is designed to develop students as professionally qualified workers for a range of social care employment opportunities. Placement occurs in Semester 3 and 6, and consists in total of 800 hours of supervised social care practice.
Note: Students undertaking the BA (Hons) in Social Care Practice must meet the requirements of the School of Humanities Student Fitness to Practise Policy and School of Humanities Student Garda Vetting Policy.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD192
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR