Bachelor of Education Studies
Our Bachelor of Education Studies offers an alternative path into teaching, giving you the skills to lead a range of learning programs outside traditional classrooms.
The course doesn't provide teacher-registration. Instead, it offers education skills and knowledge to work in a number of community and private settings, including:
- mentoring and tutoring programs
- community programs
- public and welfare services
- after-school care
- teacher aide positions.
You can steer your education-focused career into an area of personal passion, with a relevant major or minor from our broad options. Possibilities include:
- PE/physical education (secondary)
- arts (music, visual arts and media)
- community (health, welfare, disability or psychology)
- English (literary studies and teaching English as an additional language)
- humanities (history, cultural or Indigenous studies)
- ICT (digital media)
- outdoor education
- science specialisations.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Bachelor of Education Studies prepares you for a wide range of important work with an education focus where teacher registration is not required, including:
- adult education
- teacher aide
- care facility training and support
- community programs
- disability work
- specialised learning programs, such as arts, science or maths
- recreation and sporting activities.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Course Code: 093862F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A