Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design - SCAR04
Combine your love of the beautiful, functional and intuitive with your passion for politics and international relations and open a world of employment possibilities with UC’s Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design double degree.
You’ll critically examine the principles, concepts and issues facing regional politics in the Asia Pacific in an international context while immersing yourself in our design specialisations and multidisciplinary approach to innovative thinking in design practice.
Whichever pathway you choose, your major and combination of electives will help you develop critical analytical skills and a comprehensive understanding of how to creatively engage, influence and increase the enjoyment of an audience, while considering new technologies and issues such as sustainability, globalization and social consciousness.
UC’s work placements and short-term overseas study options will give you plenty of experience and help you find inspiration to boot. High achieving students can also begin a Master of Design Strategies in their final year. Now, that’s inspirational!
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Diplomat, analyst, landscape architect, product designer, set designer or even urban planner… you can find work just about anywhere (and earn a healthy salary) with UC’s Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design.
Graduates will have the technical and theoretical knowledge and insights required to explore creative, political and international careers around the world, in:
- diplomacy, including strategic analysis, trade relations and foreign affairs
- intelligence, including security analysis
- international business and aid
- landscape and interior architecture firms
- film and television industry and the theatre
- urban planning or industrial design practice
- digital teams or agencies
- furniture design companies and product manufacturers
- private practice, including consultancy and freelance work
- education and research.
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 099020M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts and Design (Honours) - 298JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Digital Design (Visual Communication Design) at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Digital Design (Digital Media) at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Visual Arts) - ARB405 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Drama and Performance) - ARB404 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Contemporary Music Practice) - ARB403 at University of Canberra