Bachelor of Education (Primary)
Entry to this course is governed by the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy. The selection of course entrants is based on academic merit and satisfaction of non-academic capabilities for entry to initial teacher education. In accordance with the mission of ACU, the Faculty of Education and Arts is committed to providing access to education for a diversity of students. For applicants who are not Year 12 students, the assessment may include year 12 or other studies undertaken to allocate an equivalent ranking. Additionally, ACU provides a range of access and equity schemes which consider additional or alternative factors in assessing applicants, including applicants of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent. ACU also offers approved, alternative entry pathway programs for domestic and international students.
ACU has a long-held reputation as a leading provider of quality and innovative teacher education. This course is designed for people who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of children and inspiring young minds. A graduate of this course is eligible for registration as a primary teacher in government, independent and Catholic schools.
The Bachelor of Education (Primary) combines theory with practice, ensuring students not only learn about the social, political and cultural contexts that shape education in schools, but also gain hands on practical experience in primary school teaching by undertaking professional placements within schools during the course. This course has been designed to provide students with greater choice and flexibility to meet the changing needs and demands of the teaching profession. This degree will give students the unique opportunity to gain greater depth and breadth of knowledge in a specialist area, which includes:
- Mathematics, Inclusive Education, Literacy, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education
- Religious Education
Studies in religious education and theology are options in this degree to enable graduates to seek accreditation to teach religious education in Catholic and other faith-based primary schools. In Queensland and Victoria, the course includes a Lutheran strand providing graduates with the eligibility to apply for accreditation to teach religious education in Lutheran primary schools. Students wishing to teach religious education in Anglican schools (Queensland only) can take alternative units.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
1200 Mair Street, Ballarat Vic 3350 PO Box 650, Ballarat Vic 3350
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Canberra Campus (Signadou) 223 Antill Street Watson, ACT 2602
25A Barker Rd, Strathfield NSW 2135, Australia
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The course is designed for those intending to become teachers in primary schools throughout Australia, including Catholic, government and independent settings Graduates may teach primary school students in community education centres, private colleges and Inclusive Education settings.
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne, North Sydney, and Brisbane
- 3 years PSW for Ballarat, Canberra, Adelaide, Blacktown & Strathfield
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirements
- International students applying must have an IELTS minimum of 7.0 in Reading and Writing and a minimum of 7.5 in listening and speaking.
- Course Code: 040836B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Exercise Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Visual Arts) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Technology) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Mathematics) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Humanities) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Educational Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)