Computer Science with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons)
From the moment we wake up to the point we fall asleep, Computer Science impacts almost every aspect of modern life. The digital revolution has had a profound influence across the world and continues to redefine how we live, learn and work.
A Computer Science degree from Swansea University can help you find your place in an ever-shifting technological landscape.
This Foundation Year option is suitable if you do not have the relevant qualifications to directly start the three-year BSc in Computer Science. Its content will prepare you and enable you to experience other science subjects at Swansea.
If you continue to the full Computer Science degree, it will put you on course for highly specialised and dynamic careers in software engineering, big data and data science, security analysis or emerging technologies.
Over the course of the degree you will learn to identify the correct solutions to problems and measure their efficiency. A range of transferable skills including team-working, communication, presentation and problem-solving will prove vital when it comes to securing employment.
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Offers for our main degree programmes are around AAB-BBB at A-level or DDD for BTEC. Our MEng and MSci programmes have one grade higher entry. Entry offers for our foundation year will be CCC at A-level or DMM at BTEC. We exclude General Studies, Key Skills and reject or make higher offers to some subject combinations.
BTEC students: BTEC extended diploma must be either Computing or Information Technology.
We require GCSE Mathematics Grade 5/C or higher, or AS level Mathematics. Unfortunately, GCSE Maths-Numeracy is not accepted to replace GCSE Mathematics in our entry requirement. If you are re-sitting your GCSE Mathematics, please state this on your application form so that we can include as a condition of the offer.
We also require GCSE English Grade 4/C.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Pure Mathematics, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Philosophy, BA (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics, BSc (Hons) With a Year Abroad/ a Year In Industry at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Mathematics, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Chemistry with a Foundation Year, BSc (Hons) at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY