Gender and Culture MScR
The study of gender in cultural texts and processes encompasses a dynamic diversity of literary, language and film contexts and critical fields of enquiry.
This programme provides you with the opportunity to focus intensively on the construction of gender and sexuality in texts from an exceptional range of historical periods and locations – from the Middle Ages to the present, in Asian, European, South American and North American contexts – and encourages critical engagement with established and emerging approaches in fields of enquiry including:
- queer theory
- critical theory
The programme draws on the teaching and research expertise of a great range of scholars across the School working in internationally renowned departments, including several of the highest rated literature departments in the UK and the oldest department of English Literature in the world.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a related subject.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- World Christianity MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MTh at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MPhil at The University of Edinburgh
- Urban Strategies and Design MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MTh at The University of Edinburgh