Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages MEd
Designed for TESOL professionals, this programme explores how people learn new languages and how to teach the English Language most effectively (if you are not a TESOL professional yet you may undertake our MA TESOL Studies programme).
MEd TESOL follows the same syllabus as the MA TESOL programme, but asks you to apply a more practical, rather than theoretical, orientation to your final critical study. You will focus upon a professional issue within language education and apply ideas from your reading and a small-scale research study to find solutions to genuine English Language teaching problems.
As with the MA, you will consider how to analyse and describe the English language for pedagogic purposes, and examine different approaches and principles to teaching the skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- International Law and Global Governance LLM at University of Leeds
- Security, Conflict and Justice MSc at University of Leeds
- Political Science MSc at University of Leeds
- Law and Finance MSc at University of Leeds
- Criminal Justice and Criminology MSc at University of Leeds
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages for Young Learners MA at University of Leeds