Bachelor of Arts
Follow your passions and drive your career forward, gaining essential workplace skills and knowledge in your Bachelor of Arts (BA) at Victoria University.
An arts degree is the ideal preparation for today's fast-changing world. You'll develop specific skills for your chosen career, along with research, writing and communication expertise, which are essential in a broad range of work environments.
Turn your passion into your career by selecting units of personal interest.
Bachelor of Arts students complete one or two majors, which will be listed on your qualification. VU specialises in these areas, with expert lecturers and current course content:
- Communication Studies
- Digital Media
- Literary Studies
- Visual Art
This course offers maximum flexibility if you are undecided about career choice. It lets you combine units from different areas to create a base of knowledge that you can to draw on when applying for work in various fields.
Our Bachelor of Arts is distinctive for its focus on academic disciplines that are engaged with the workplace and community. You'll benefit from our strong network of community and industry partners, and practical and workplace learning.
We have a dedicated discipline minor Aboriginal Yulendj (Knowledge) and Community that will give you knowledge needed for working with Aboriginal communities.
Opportunities for applied learning include:
- digital media labs
- psychology labs
- studio spaces (music, TV and radio)
- exhibitions and public presentations in our community space, VU at MetroWest
- publications such as the student-produced Offset creative arts journal.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our BA provides a strong foundation for a range of exciting careers in the humanities, creative arts and social sciences. Your skills in communication, research, critical analysis and teamwork will be highly sought after, and are transferable to almost any workplace. You may choose to do further study, as many professional careers are best served by graduates with a generalist first degree.
You'll be prepared for a wide range of roles in government or the public service, community and non-government organisations, business, education and media.
VU Bachelor of Arts graduates often go on to work in the following areas:
- journalism, writing or strategic communications
- teaching (a popular choice following completion of a Masters of Teaching)
- creative arts administration
- public service and policy work
- community sector
- creative arts
- software development
- corporate management.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR BACHELOR DEGREES
You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved one of the following levels of English language proficiency:
- IELTS (Academic module): Overall score of 6.0 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL Internet: Overall score of 67. Section score no less than:
> Listening: 12
> Speaking: 18
> Reading: 15
> Writing: 21
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 50-57 (no section score less than 50)
- University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 169. No individual band less than 169.
- VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 5): achieved.
IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and CAE: These tests must be taken no more than two years prior to commencing your course.
In some cases we will accept test results from other methods of examination not listed above.
- Course Code: 068927B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A