Philosophy and History and Philosophy of Science BA
This degree addresses important questions about how we see and understand the world around us.
What is reality? How can we know about it – and how do we know that we have such knowledge in the first place? Can we trust what scientists say, and is science ever truly objective? On this course you’ll engage with questions that have shaped the modern world.
As well as fundamental questions about knowledge, language, reality and moral and political life, you’ll learn about the ways in scientific theories and methods have developed over the years and the roles that science, technology and medicine play in society today.
Core modules introduce you to key approaches, thinkers and methods in each subject. You’ll learn to construct and defend effective arguments and think about the nature of scientific evidence and ideas. You’ll also expand your knowledge through a wide range of optional modules on topics like philosophy of biology, science and religion, metaphysics and aesthetics.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Chemistry and Mathematics MChem, BSc at University of Leeds
- Zoology in Relation to Medicine and Veterinary Science Intercalated BSc at University of Leeds
- Sports Science in Relation to Medicine Intercalated BSc at University of Leeds
- Philosophy and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Pharmacology in Relation to Medicine Intercalated BSc at University of Leeds
- Neuroscience in Relation to Medicine Intercalated BSc at University of Leeds