Graduate Certificate of Business Administration
Improve your business skills, perform your current job more effectively, and expand your career options.
The Graduate Certificate of Business Administration covers topics relating to organizational management, teaches you how to be a more effective business leader, and expands your career options.
On successful completion of this course, students may enroll in the Graduate Diploma of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration (MBA), and combined MBA courses.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Deakin’s Graduate Certificate of Business Administration will help you progress your career in all areas of business from administration to business strategy. As a graduate, you may find employment in areas such as financial planning, corporate governance, human resource management, marketing and a range of other areas
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum admission criteria:
- Bachelor degree in any discipline and three years of relevant work experience,* or
- five years of relevant work experience*.
*Must be in a managerial or professional role. Applicants must demonstrate decision making responsibility in a range of areas such as budgeting, staffing, project management, financial management, or other relevant professional experience.
All applicants must provide the following with their application:
- current CV,
- current contact details of two referees who can be contacted concerning your work experience,
- a one-page brief outlining why you believe that your work experience would be valued by your MBA peers.
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, Working with Children Check, or another check.
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 020031E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Certificate of Marketing at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Professional Accounting and Law at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Commerce at Deakin University
- Graduate Diploma of Commerce at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of Information Systems at Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate of International Relations at Deakin University