Bachelor of Economics
Our Bachelor of Economics is a versatile and relevant business and professional qualification. This degree is for you if you are interested in economics, commerce, business, and finance, and enjoy problem-solving and critical thinking.
The world's economies, living standards, commercial and political systems are all at the heart of economics. Through the study of economics, you will gain insights into the issues that are important for understanding the way the economic systems work, as well as for careers in business and government.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
UNE’s Bachelor of Economics provides you with the economic knowledge, and strong analytical and quantitative skills you need in a wide variety of professional careers.
You could consider a broad range of careers including:
- economic modeler
- policy officer or analyst
- the financial manager or forecaster for banks, insurance, and agribusiness firms
- commodities or futures trader
- economic adviser
Graduates with an economics degree work in a diverse range of occupations and are among the higher-earning graduates of any discipline. The Reserve Bank of Australia’s research shows the analytical and mathematical skills developed in an economics degree command a wage premium in the labor market.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Assumed knowledge is any two units of English.
Recommended studies are any two units of Mathematics.
Practical, Clinical or Work Experience
Students may complete the work-integrated learning and professional skills development unit (WORK300) with approved institutions as an Elective unit in their degree.
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
- Course Code: 000378K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Training and Development at University of New England
- Bachelor of Organisational Leadership at University of New England
- Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Laws at University of New England
- Bachelor of Economics with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws at University of New England
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Economics at University of New England