Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences
This certificate allows you to complete postgraduate taught courses in a diverse range of subjects that are related to health sciences.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This certificate programme enables health professionals to specialise in their area of practice at postgraduate level, according to the specialisation chosen. We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a recognised university (or similar institution) in a health-related discipline such as health sciences, medicine, nursing, optometry, pharmacy, psychology, or social work.
The following specialisations have more specific requirements:
- Advanced Nursing and Mental Health Nursing: you must have current registration with the Nursing Council in New Zealand.
- Alcohol and Drug Studies, Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Sports Medicine, Palliative Care, Women’s Health, and Youth Health: you must be a health professional currently working in these service areas.
- Health Informatics: you must have a background in computer science, or an undergraduate degree in health sciences from a recognised university (or similar institution).
- Mammography and Medical Imaging: you must have completed an undergraduate degree in medical imaging (or similar) at a recognised university (or similar institution) and have registration with the Medical Radiation Technologists Board or as a medical radiation technologist.
- Mental Health: you should have an undergraduate degree in health sciences (or similar) at a recognised university (or similar institution).
- Pharmaceutical Science: you must have completed a degree in chemistry, medicinal chemistry, pharmacy, pharmacology, or an undergraduate degree in science at a recognised university (or similar institution) that includes advanced-level courses in chemistry.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Medical Gynaecology at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Psychology at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Theory at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy at University of Auckland