Master of Psychotherapy
The Master of Psychotherapy program is for beginning psychotherapists or students who wish to become psychotherapists.
This degree enables you to apply for interim registration with the Psychotherapists Board of Aotearoa New Zealand and applicant membership of New Zealand Psychotherapists Association.
Master of Psychotherapy (Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy) graduates are eligible to join the New Zealand Association of Child and Adolescent Psychotherapists as student members and once qualified will be eligible to register with the Psychotherapists Board of Aotearoa New Zealand.
AUT NORTH CAMPUS
Our North Campus is on Auckland’s North Shore and offers facilities including student accommodation, cafes and our biggest sports centre.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
- Completed the Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy Studies or equivalent with a B grade average or higher
- References and a police check are required
- Must have personal qualities that show suitability for this programme
- May be required to attend selection interviews
- Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy: must be capable of meeting the Children's Act 2014 requirements, including police clearance
- Course Code: AK3920
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Science (Research) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Sport, Exercise and Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Nursing Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Information Security and Digital Forensics at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Medical Laboratory Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)