Master of Science
Studying for an MSc is an opportunity for committed scientists to focus on a relevant area of interest or practice and pursue an advanced qualification. While a taught masters will provide you with specialist training in your chosen field, research masters will develop advanced research skills, working alongside Faculty of Science researchers - many of whom are major contributors in their field.
This is a new five-hectare campus adjacent to the major business area in Newmarket. It will provide the University with a site for expansion over the next 50 years.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Leigh Marine Laboratory
The Leigh Marine Laboratory is based on the northeast coast of New Zealand, about 100km north of Auckland.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
To support you in your career, we offer a wide range of development opportunities – from individual performance and development reviews to avenues for pursuing your professional interests through study, secondments, conferences and workshops.
These opportunities are available to both professional and academic staff and include:
- People and organizational development.
- Professional and personal development.
- EVOLVE is the University's program for developing a professional staff. EVOLVE is designed to enable growth and development in your role and at the University.
- Leadership and management development.
- Professional staff can use the Aspire Career Centre to assist with career planning.
- Wellbeing program.
- Awards and fellowships.
- Performance and development reviews.
- English language enrichment.
- IT Training.
- Academic practice – research, teaching, and e-learning.
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- One year of postgraduate study
- GPE 4.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Science (MSc) Pharmacology at University of Auckland
- Master of Wine Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Organisational Psychology at University of Auckland
- Master of Nursing Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Speech Language Therapy Practice at University of Auckland