Diploma in Professional Cookery(International) L5 (Delivered over 18 months fast track)
Diploma in Professional Cookery (Level 5) (TK1201) for International Students
Graduates will be able to:
Monitor and maintain health and safety, food safety and security practices to ensure own safety and minimise potential hazards for customers.
Monitor and maintain interactions between colleagues, managers and customers.
Monitor and maintain the application of standard operating policies and procedures to work roles in a commercial kitchen.
Apply cookery skills to prepare, cook and present a range of cold larder and hot kitchen dishes employing complex preparation and presentation techniques.
Select and apply staffing strategies to meet performance targets
Plan and monitor workflow and supplies in a commercial kitchen
Manage operating procedures and compliance requirements for operational roles
Manage staff relationships for operational roles
Programme Specific Information
Classes are taught 3-4 days per week.
This programme has a 100 hour internship component.
In the case of a paid internship, all relevant international visa conditions must be adhered to.
Plan and produce a broad range of larder dishes employing advanced preparation, cookery and presentation techniques.
Plan and produce a broad range of meat, poultry and fish dishes employing advanced preparation, cookery and presentation techniques.
Plan, develop and design advanced dishes and menus suitable for implementation in a commercial hospitality environment.
Leading to the following qualifications
NZ2101 NZ Certificate in Cookery (Level 4)
NZ2102 NZ Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) Level 5 with strands in Cookery and Patisserie
Chefs producing advanced dishes in a professional kitchen
Application Processing Time in Days: 4
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Diploma in Professional Cookery Level 5 is a fast track course of 18 months duration including the 100 hours practical learning over a period of 10 weeks. Year 2 of the program’s T Fee is reduced & is priced at NZD 19000 (Year 1; L4) + NZD 14500 (Year 2: L5) November 2018 intake is available
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management L7 at Western Institute of Technology Taranaki
- Graduate Diploma in Operations and Production Management L7 at Western Institute of Technology Taranaki
- Graduate Diploma in Human Resources L7 at Western Institute of Technology Taranaki
- Graduate Diploma in Business Information Systems L7 at Western Institute of Technology Taranaki
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting L7 at Western Institute of Technology Taranaki
- New Zealand Diploma in Business & Bachelor of Applied Management (Combined) 3 Years delivered over 2.5 years fast tracked L7 at Western Institute of Technology Taranaki