Environmental Protection and Management MSc
Your chance to play a vital role to protect and conserve the environment starts here.
Our actions have had, and continue to have a significant impact on our planet. Human impacts such as the use of natural resources, deforestation, soil erosion, the release of pollutants and pathogens, invasive species, and the increase in greenhouse gases are all examples of pressures that have potentially severe consequences for humanity and other life on Earth.
The MSc Environmental Protection and Management will give you an in-depth understanding of natural resource management based on a scientific understanding of the issues, but also linked across disciplines.
It will equip you with advanced skills and knowledge about the processes that give rise to environmental degradation and pollution problems, and the strategies to affect sustainable change.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Global climate change, our growing population and unprecedented consumption of finite resources are rising higher and higher on the political agenda across the world.
Graduates with the knowledge to apply the principles of effective management of limited resources and protection of our fragile environment are in high demand to find answers and solutions to problems such as deforestation, pollution, soil erosion, natural resource management and more.
In particular, addressing such issues needs graduates that can take a holistic and flexible approach to problem-solving, often also working with or across other disciplines.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in biological science, environmental science, physical science, geography, engineering, economics or other relevant subject.
We may also consider a UK 2:2 honours degree, or its international equivalent, with relevant industry experience.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Computer Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Ancient Worlds (Archaeology and Classics) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Advanced Clinical Practice MVetSci at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence MScR at The University of Edinburgh