English and Sociology BA
This degree gives you the chance to combine the study of very human subjects. You’ll learn about the ways in which societies are organised and structured, as well as one of humanity’s most popular forms of cultural expression – literature.
You’ll be introduced to the key principles of sociology and study English literature across poetry, drama and prose in core modules. We also offer a wide variety of optional modules, giving you the chance to explore the literary periods and themes as well as the sociological topics that interest you.
Leeds is home to expert tutors covering a wide range of topics in both English literature and sociology. As a result, we can offer flexible degrees with plenty of choice so you can pursue your own interests. You could explore topics such as American fiction, drugs policy, Old English, class division, digital humanities or disability studies. Whatever you’re looking for, the chances are you’ll find it at Leeds.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds