Bachelors of Biomedical Science / Science
Get set to contribute to breakthroughs in the medical sciences and healthcare by combining interdisciplinary scientific knowledge and key practical skills with an in-depth understanding of biomedical science.
This four-year dual program offers you the opportunity to influence major scientific advancement through specialist knowledge in two widely applicable technical disciplines. You'll gain deep knowledge of biomedical science while enjoying the flexibility to select a speciality major under the science program.
For the science component, you'll learn about the scientific process through activities such as experimental design, hands-on experiments and computer programming, and you'll develop your critical thinking, communication and quantitative reasoning skills.
You can follow your interests and select a major from one of the broadest selections of science disciplines in Australia. Majors range from chemistry and computer science to mathematics and marine biology, and much more.
Your biomedical science studies incorporate extensive practical experience, including opportunities to work with researchers making the latest breakthroughs.
You'll study the human body at the molecular, cellular and whole-body levels, and cover biochemistry and cell biology, physiology, developmental biology, microbiology, pharmacology and neuroscience.
With two highly respected scientific programs, your skills and knowledge will be in high demand and you'll be ready to embark on an interesting and rewarding career across biomedicine and science.
- Learn how to work confidently in a range of labs and gain practical skills to help you succeed.
- Study at one of the largest scientific research institutions in Australia, home to more than 2,200 science labs.
- Participate in UQ's Summer and Winter Research Programs and gain research experience working alongside leading academics and researchers.
- Graduate with two highly respected scientific degrees and open the door to a broad range of career possibilities in areas across biomedicine and science.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Archaeological Science
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Science
- Biophysics (Dual Major)
- Chemical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Sc and Biochem & Molecular Biol (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Biomedical Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Chemistry (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Computer Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Ecology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Genetics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geographical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geological Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Marine Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Mathematics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Microbiology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Physics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Plant Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Psychology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Statistics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Zoology (Dual Major)
- Computer Science
- Food Science and Nutrition (Dual Major)
- Food Science and Technology
- Geographical Sciences
- Geological Sciences
- Marine Biology (Extended Major)
- Marine Science
- Plant Science
- Public Health
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Herston is UQ’s core campus for clinical health teaching and research. Located just minutes from the Brisbane CBD, Herston is home to UQ’s Medicine and Public Health schools, the UQ Centre for Clinical Research, Oral Health Centre, and the research activities of the School of Nursing and Midwifery. UQ Herston shares premises with the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and the QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, allowing students and visitors to rub shoulders with leading health researchers, academics and professionals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 092441B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Journalism at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Business Management at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences / Arts at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Human Movement & Nutrition Sci / Tourism, Hospitality & Event Mgmt at The University of Queensland