Bachelor of Science
Science at Deakin is a flexible degree that allows you to explore a diverse range of science-related study areas before you choose to specialize in at least one area of interest as you progress through the course. The degree is about more than just laboratory work and prepares you for a diverse range of real-life settings in which today's science graduates work. Majors are available in Animal Biology, Cell Biology, Chemistry, Chemistry and Materials Science, Environmental Science, Genomics, Geography, Human Biology, Mathematical Modelling, and Plant Biology.
Throughout the course you’ll gain experience through practical programs undertaken in modern teaching laboratories, complete a Community Science Project and have an opportunity to undertake an Industry-Based Learning placement, which will provide you with valuable work experience before you graduate.
You will have an opportunity to undertake a discipline-specific Industry-Based Learning placement as part of your course. This will provide you with the opportunity to apply and consolidate what you are learning in your course, experience workplace culture and workplace practices, explore career options, and develop a professional network before you graduate.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
At Deakin’s Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, you are surrounded by expansive grounds and impressive new buildings. It offers state-of-the-art engineering, medical and sport facilities, as well as some of the most advanced research spaces in the world. The campus also features incredible sporting facilities, including Deakin’s Elite Sport Precinct, which includes an Australian rules football oval, FIFA-grade soccer pitch, athletics track, basketball courts, and more.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of this course may find career opportunities in government institutions, in roles such as quality assurance, occupational health, and safety, research, planning, management or marketing; science-related industries, working in pharmaceutical production or pharmaceutical sales; biomedical science areas such as research or hospital and laboratory science; quality assurance in analytical and diagnostic laboratories; the food industry in quality control; environment and natural resources, fisheries resource management, aquaculture management, teaching, information technology, mathematics or science journalism to name a few.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
- Geelong/ Warrnambool Campus - 3 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII):- 65%
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent for example relevant work or life experience
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
- Course Code: 083996G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Marine Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Public Health and Health Promotion (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Health Sciences/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Forensic Science/Bachelor of Criminology at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) at Deakin University