New Zealand Diploma in Applied Science (Level 5)
Students in this programme will learn theory and technical knowledge in a range of natural and physical sciences. Students will also learn a range of practical skills, laboratory methods, and the soft skills necessary for further studies in the field of science. Areas of study include chemistry, biology, microbiology, food nutrition, and environmental sciences.
This programme is highly practical. Alongside learning theory, students will spend time in the laboratory developing the practical skills that are useful in the workplace.
It is intended that students progress on to study Applied Science 6 after completing Applied Science 5.
The classes for this programme are usually four days a week, with an average of five hours per day in class/labs. Students will also be required to undertake self-directed study in their own time.
Although it is useful for students applying to study this programme to have a background in science, it is not essential. Part-time study is available for this programme, however, there are a high number of laboratory hours required.
Hamilton City Campus
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- New Zealand Diploma in Applied Science (Level 6) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Certificate in Applied Science (Level 3) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) with strands in Rural Animal Technician at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) with strands in Veterinary Nursing Assistant at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (Level 6) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- New Zealand Diploma in Enrolled Nursing (Level 5) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)