Banking and Risk MSc
The aim of the MSc in Banking and Risk is to give students the knowledge, understanding and key skills that will enable them to be effective managers in financial institutions, especially banks, in any country in the world.
Recent events demonstrate that the successful management of banks is of crucial importance to western economies. Banking is an industry rather than an academic discipline, and the study of the management of banks is multidisciplinary.
The approach of this programme is to consider the structural, financial and risk and asset management functions of banks.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Supporting your application
Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
You will need a UK first-class or 2:1 honours degree from a good university in one of the subjects below, or an equivalent overseas qualification.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative subject, finance, economics, business or management is normally required. Acceptable quantitative subjects include mathematics, statistics, operational research, informatics, computer science, physics, and engineering.
- Candidates with a very good Honours degree in other areas of study or relevant business experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: 60 GBP
- MA Accounting and Finance at The University of Edinburgh
- MBA at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance, Technology and Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Finance MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Sport Policy, Management and International Development MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Marketing and Business Analysis MSc at The University of Edinburgh