Master of Health Services Management
This is a comprehensive course in health services management and aims to expand students' knowledge and future career opportunities. The course develops students' knowledge and skills, leading to an enhanced capacity to manage health services in a diverse range of health settings.
Graduates of this course are exposed to academic and industry leaders who share their experience and knowledge to facilitate insight into the contemporary health service management environment.
Students can focus on health services management or complete a major in:
- Clinical Leadership
- Project Management, or
- Health Research.
The Planning major provides a blend of subjects to assist graduates in planning and evaluating health services, understanding health needs, and managing change in a dynamic and complex environment.
The Clinical Leadership major provides a blend of subjects to assist graduates in maximising the efficiency, effectiveness and safety of health services as well as ensuring that governance, quality and risk-mitigation frameworks contribute to excellence in healthcare delivery.
The Project Management major provides a blend of subjects to assist graduates in applying the knowledge, skills and techniques to execute projects effectively and efficiently within a healthcare environment.
The Health Research major provides a blend of health services management, research coursework and independent study subjects to assist graduates in undertaking health services research and those who wish to be considered for admission to a doctoral program.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career options include positions as managers and/or planners in health authorities, hospitals, primary and community care, aged care services, and other healthcare facilities in the public, private, not-for-profit, government and non-government health sectors.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants must have:
•At least one year full-time (or part-time equivalent) experience in a medium to large organisation (health or human services organisations are preferred).
In some cases, applicants with less than one year of full-time (or part-time) equivalent experience in a medium to large organisation may be considered. Suitability for enrolment will be determined by the Course Coordinator.
Applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree but who have extensive relevant work experience in a healthcare or human services field may be considered eligible.
Minimum English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 040694M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Sustainable Futures (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Project Management at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Marketing at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Advanced Master of Business Administration at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Business Analytics (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Quantitative Finance at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)