Master of Design Strategies - ARM001
The Master of Design Strategies delves into the theory and methodologies of applied design across products, interfaces and services via a practice-led approach. Throughout this coursework-based degree, you’ll focus on social and global innovation, and will develop key skills in service design, interaction design and entrepreneurial practices.
The course structure allows for projects and problems from both the public and private sectors to be used as vehicles of learning and application. You’ll be encouraged to build your degree in a manner which suits your personal career goals and aspirations. With a well-rounded knowledge of design thinking and innovation, you’ll graduate ready to impress in a range of industries.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Master of Design Strategies gives broad training which aims to create design leaders, entrepreneurs, innovators and thought shapers across a wide range of fields and industries. Some job roles which graduates of the course might undertake include:
- Design strategist
- Design and project manager
- Design consultant
- Design studio manager
- Design researcher
- Content strategist
- Service designer
- Consumer experience and digital strategist
- Design and innovation strategist
- Design innovation lead
- Digital innovation manager
- Business manager – media and design
- Experiential designer
- Organisational design specialist
- Business development director – the internet of things
- Product manager – innovation and new product development
- Graduates are eligible to apply for 3 years work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent as approved by the University Admissions Committee.
In making an offer to an applicant, the University will give consideration to a range of factors including English proficiency, academic record, and/or employment experience.
Students who have completed the Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Design Strategies can articulate into the Master's program.
Vertical integration with an undergraduate degree is meritorious. Only high achieving students will be considered for inclusion.
Applicants with a completed Bachelor's degree in a related/cognate field may be granted credit for 12 credit points of unspecified credit and admission into the 1.5 years (EFTSL) program.
NOTE: Semester 2 admission is only available to applicants who have been granted 12 credit points credit towards the course.
- Course Code: 095573K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Arts in Government (Research) - 920AA at University of Canberra
- Master of Applied Arts & Humanities (Research) - 303JA at University of Canberra
- Master of International Development - 193JA at University of Canberra
- Master of Counselling - 341JA at University of Canberra
- Master of Communication - 352JA at University of Canberra
- Master of Arts in Creative and Cultural Futures - ARM101 at University of Canberra