Postgraduate Certificate in Education
With the Postgraduate Certificate in Education, you develop advanced knowledge of education in as little as one semester.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Education is a flexible, short program that develops advanced knowledge, critical evaluation and communication skills and applies them to problems of education policy and practice. It provides a pathway to further postgraduate study in the Master of Education. You can choose from specialized or general papers.
This is not an initial teacher education program and will not lead to registration with the Teaching Council of New Zealand.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
AUT NORTH CAMPUS
Our North Campus is on Auckland’s North Shore and offers facilities including student accommodation, cafes and our biggest sports centre.
AUT SOUTH CAMPUS
Our South Campus is located in the heart of Manukau. You can choose from courses based entirely at the South Campus, or include papers at the City or the North Campus.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This postgraduate education qualification enhances the academic, research and professional expertise of graduates in the educational work sector.
- Adult and tertiary education
- Compulsory education
- Early childhood education
- Non-formal education
This qualification does not provide eligibility for provisional teacher registration.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
- Must have completed a relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent
To enrol in one of the specializations in the Postgraduate Certificate in Education you must have at least 2 years of relevant professional experience or the approval of the programme leader.
- Course Code: AK3744
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Criminology and Criminal Justice at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Human Rights at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Rights at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Law at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Graduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)