Bachelor of Science (Honours) Sports Coaching & Performance
The BSc (Hons) in Sports Coaching and Performance is a four-year honours degree programme that provides aspiring coaches from a variety of sporting backgrounds with advanced coach education.
The programme combines the disciplines of coach education and development with sports science, applying theory to practice in different coaching environments. A unique feature of the degree
The course has four distinct elements:
1. Coach Education
Modules in this group address the key characteristics of successful coaching and talent identification
2. Sports Science
These modules provide students with the knowledge to understand the scientific basis of sports performance and the practical skills to undertake coaching-relevant assessments
3. Strength and Conditioning
These modules enable students to plan and implement programmes for individuals and teams. Age-specific strength and conditioning is a key consideration.
4. Sport in Society
These modules are intended to place sport and coaching within a wider societal context
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD186
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology