COMMUNICATION ARTS, B.S.
The communication arts major offers a liberal arts approach to studying communication. The value of the liberal arts approach is that students not only learn specific skills, they also gain a deep understanding of communication theory, history, research, and criticism. Majors learn to apply communication principles in different contexts and with a variety of different media. As a result, the communication arts major prepares students for a wide range of jobs and careers, including those that don’t exist yet.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The communication and media career advisor assists students with career preparation, such as exploring career options, learning internship and job search strategies, and writing resumes and cover letters.
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you are currently enrolled in high school: Official transcripts from your U.S. high school, as well as transcripts for any secondary work (grades 9–12) completed prior to enrollment in a U.S. high school. Your current U.S. high school may submit their copy of your prior school transcript.
If you are currently enrolled in high school at the time of application:
- An official copy of grade 10 secondary school examination board results officiated or attested by school official*
- Internal grades for coursework taken in grades 11 and 12, through time of application.
- In order to finalize admission, students must supply an officiated or attested copy of their grade 12 senior secondary board results.
If you have already completed high school at the time of application: Attested secondary and senior secondary/intermediate education board results*
*Board results listed on transcripts are not sufficient; we require attested copies of the actual results certificates issued by the examining board.
HONORS IN THE MAJOR IN COMMUNICATION ARTS
Students may apply to pursue honors in the communication arts major in consultation with a communication arts undergraduate advisor. To be accepted students must have:
- Completed the fundamentals course and the two core courses for their declared option and
- Earned a 3.500 GPA in all COM ARTS courses
HONORS IN THE COMMUNICATION ARTS MAJOR REQUIREMENTS
To earn honors in the major in communication arts, students must satisfy both the requirements for the major (above) and the following additional requirements:
- 3.300 overall university GPA
- 3.500 GPA for all COM ARTS major courses
- Complete the requirements for the declared major option, to include:
- All theory, history, criticism courses taken to meet the regular major requirements within the declared option must be 400 level or higher.
- One additional theory, history, criticism course at the 400 level or higher.
- Three theory, history and criticism courses must be completed on campus.1
- A two-semester senior honors thesis in COM ARTS 681 and COM ARTS 682, for a total of 6 credits.2
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD