Bachelor of Information Technology
Develop key information technology (IT) skills to expand your career options, with a Bachelor of Information Technology from Victoria University. This course will equip you with specialist skills for the fast-growing IT industry. You'll also develop problem-solving skills that will ensure you're able to handle different workplace situations.
You can choose your own job pathway based on your interests and strengths, with a personalised learning experience.
We focus on areas of high job-demand:
- web development
- mobile-application development
- network and system computing
- ICT management
- software development
- network management
- global leadership.
When you graduate, you'll have knowledge across a wide range of IT applications, along with hands-on experience with industry-standard equipment. This theory and practice will ensure you're job ready.
This course includes training in:
- Cisco routing and switching
- Microsoft Active Directory network management
- Content Management Systems
- Android and IOS app development
- object-oriented programming.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Victoria Sydney(VU Sydney)
Victoria University (VU) is a world-class university, ranking in the top 2% of universities worldwide (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020). It's also the first Australian university to deliver the award-winning way of learning – The VU Block Model. VU Sydney is an international-only campus. Students come from over 45 different countries around the world to study at our modern, accessible campus, situated in the heart of one of the world’s most liveable cities.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A bachelor in IT prepares you for a range of roles across IT, government, banking/finance, retail, education, health, media, logistics and manufacturing.
- software analyst
- web designer
- web application developer
- mobile application developer
- computer and network support
- data centre administrator
- systems administrator
- system security consultant
- database administrator
- business analyst
- data analyst
- project manager (e.g. in government, banking/finance, retail, manufacturing).
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- A study score of at least 20 in Mathematics (any).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 071997F, 093390M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Architectural Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours) at Victoria University