Bachelor of Nursing
Nursing, an essential part of every modern healthcare system, is a dynamic and constantly evolving profession. Our graduates are regarded as some of the best in Australia and are in demand. In fact, according to the current QILT (Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching) survey of academic institutions, 88.4 per cent of our students found full-time employment after graduation, which is well above the national average.
At Notre Dame, you will be given not only the knowledge and skills necessary to work as a registered nurse, but you will also acquire the ability to think critically that will help you tackle every challenge you confront. You will also learn to speak up and advocate for people in your care, and adhere to the highest ethical standards. These are all highly prized attributes in the nursing profession.
In addition to your classes, you are expected to complete 27 weeks (ranging from six to eleven weeks per year) of full-time professional workplace experience so that you can put your studies into practice. The Bachelor of Nursing is fully accredited by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) and as a graduate you will be eligible to register with the Australian Health Practitioner regulation Agency (AHPRA) and work in a wide range of clinical settings.
Our Sydney Campus is based across two sites – Broadway and Darlinghurst – both located in the vibrant social hub of the harbour city. The Broadway site is at the heart of Sydney’s uni precinct, a short walk from Central Station and close to Darling Harbour. Darlinghurst is situated to the east of the CBD, nestled in Sydney’s shopping and cafe district.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The following careers are open to graduates of this program:
- Aged care
- Primary health care
- Community nursing
- Critical care
- Mental health
- Medical and surgical nursing
- Palliative care
- Perioperative nursing
- Nursing speciality areas
Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane:
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Other Locations (Regional centres and other regional areas):
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Academic requirements for this program are outlined below.
Applicants with recent Secondary Education:
- HSC Performance Band Results with a Band 4 in English, a minimum average of Bands 4s and an overall minimum average HSC mark of 75% in HSC Category A Courses (or Interstate equivalent). Applicants must be eligible for an ATAR or OP; or
- Minimum International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 24.
Applicants with Higher Education Study
- Other University Studies completed at undergraduate level or higher. A minimum number of 4 successfully completed subjects
- Successful completion of the Notre Dame Tertiary Pathway Program or of another Enabling Program at a level deemed sufficient by the University.
Applicants who have successfully completed subjects at another University, which are relevant to the selected program of study, may be eligible for Advanced Standing.
Applicants with Vocational Education and Training (VET) study
- Completed AQF Certificate IV or higher in a relevant discipline, from an accredited provider such as TAFE or a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Applicants with Work and Life Experience
Applicants with relevant work and life experience who left secondary education more than two years ago and have not undertaken VET or higher education study since then may seek admission on the basis of:
- Their experience. ‘Experience’ could include a combination of factors sufficient to demonstrate readiness for higher education such as Mature Age entry, relevant professional experience, community involvement or work experience. Applicants may have undertaken non-formal programs that have helped prepare them for tertiary education or are relevant to the proposed higher education field of study. Evidence must be provided as to the type and duration or employment (minimum of two years) in a relevant industry. The Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) may be required.
- STAT – Scores of 150 in the Multiple Choice and Written English sections are required.
- Higher School Certificate (HSC) (or equivalent) results if these have been completed within the last 5 years.
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 083619M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Major: Environmental Management) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Science (Major: Biology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Nursing at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Philosophy) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Archaeology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Applied Psychology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia