Bachelor of Science (Honours) Psychiatric Nursing
What is Psychiatric Nursing?
Psychiatric/Mental Health nursing is a specialist field within the health care profession. It involves an interpersonal caring process that acknowledges the uniqueness of each person. The psychiatric nurse is concerned with the promotion of mental health, the prevention of mental illness, and the provision of care to those with mental health problems.
Reasons to Choose this Course
- Nursing is an excellent choice for students interested in a healthcare career. Because human beings are complex, careers in nursing are amongst the most challenging; they are also some of the most rewarding.
- The Psychiatric Nursing Course is delivered in a purpose-built, state-of-the-art learning environment and students undertake clinical practice in hospitals around the south east region.
- You will be taught over four years through a model that we call KSVSE (Knowledge, Science, Values and Attitudes, Skills and Experience).
- Successfully completing all aspects of the course allows you to register as a Psychiatric Nurse with An Bord Altranais.
Clinical experience is an essential element of the course in order to register as a psychiatric nurse. There are over 80 weeks of clinical placement throughout the course including a 36 week continuous internship placement in year four. Students will be accommodated on clinical placements in Wexford, Waterford, Kilkenny, Carlow and South Tipperary.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD117
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Creative Computing at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Multimedia Applications Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Software Systems Development at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Forensics and Security at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Applied Computing (Media Development) at Waterford Institute of Technology