Bachelors of Mathematics / Science
Learn how to solve theoretical and applied problems across the sciences, engineering, information technology, economics and business, while developing interdisciplinary knowledge and key practical skills in your preferred scientific passion.
Gain an in-depth understanding of advanced mathematics essentials, while developing interdisciplinary knowledge and key practical skills in your preferred scientific passion with this dual degree.
In the mathematics program, you can choose to develop a comprehensive, specialised knowledge in one field of mathematics, or a high level of sophistication in the applications of mathematics generally. You'll acquire quantitative and analytical skills, along with a foundation of calculus, linear algebra, discrete mathematics, mathematical analysis and modelling. As a graduate you'll further benefit from UQ’s mathematics research and industry networks, which will widen your career options and help you excel in the mathematical aspects of other disciplines.
Explore and challenge your thinking in the science program, which offers one of the broadest selections of science disciplines in Australia. You'll develop your interdisciplinary scientific knowledge and practical skills, while pursuing studies that suit your interests and ambitions, with the freedom to mix and match course combinations.
Acquire relevant, real-world experience through employability and work-integrated learning like internships, industry placements, research projects and international study. In selected majors, you have the opportunity to gain extensive fieldwork experience in locations such as the Great Barrier Reef and outback Queensland.
- Explore advanced logical thinking, conceptual ability, communication systems, data handling and interpretation, and research.
- Hone your talents in the areas that today’s fast-paced economy demands, and gain the training that will set you apart in the job market.
- Benefit from the perfect balance of a defined sequence of science study and flexible course options as you learn to work independently, perform critical experiments and analyse data.
- Select and create exciting course combinations from science and non-science disciplines.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Animal and Veterinary Bioscience
- Applied Mathematics
- Archaeological Science
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Science
- Biophysics (Dual Major)
- Chemical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Sc and Biochem & Molecular Biol (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Biomedical Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Chemistry (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Computer Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Ecology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Genetics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geographical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geological Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Marine Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Mathematics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Microbiology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Physics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Plant Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Psychology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Statistics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Zoology (Dual Major)
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics and Operations Research
- Food Science and Nutrition (Dual Major)
- Food Science and Technology
- Geographical Sciences
- Geological Sciences
- Marine Science
- Mathematical Physics
- Plant Science
- Public Health
- Pure Mathematics
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Quantitative researcher
- Financial analyst
- Data scientist
- Marine biologist
- Laboratory technician
- Technical manager
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 088352D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland