Graduate Certificate in Commerce
Develop specialist knowledge and skills in applied finance, professional accounting and information systems to think critically, make confident decisions and advance your career.
The Graduate Certificate in Commerce has been designed to equip you with highly regarded formal qualifications in finance, accounting or information systems, and provide you with the know-how to move into senior management or financial roles.
Students of the Graduate Certificate in Commerce study 3 of the 4 foundation courses, and can study one course that is a specialist course or a foundation course in the field of their choice (accounting, Information Services or finance). For this reason, the Graduate Certificate is usually taken by students who want to get a taste of University life without committing to the full Masters degree. Often, Graduate Certificate students can articulate into the Masters Program upon completion of the Graduate Certificate if they meet a certain level.
- Build your theoretical and technical knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Move to the next level of your career by developing a greater understanding of finance and advancing your management skills.
- Gain qualifications in commerce that are recognised by employers worldwide.
- Benefit from the Business School’s long held research capability and the achievements of its academic staff, many considered the most innovative educators in Australia.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Quantitative analyst
- Pricing strategy lead
- Performance analyst
- Compliance manager
- Transaction services director
- Business analyst
- Systems analyst
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor degree or equivalent with a GPA of at least 4.00 on a 7 point scale; OR post-secondary study and at least five years full-time work experience as approved by the Executive Dean; OR seven years full-time work experience as approved by the Executive Dean.
- Course Code: 048758B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate Tourism, Hotel and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Economics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Economics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Development Practice at The University of Queensland