This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Graduate Certificate in Business Practice
The Graduate Certificate in Business Practice aims to upskill professionals with latest knowledge and methodologies in key business practice areas. This is achieved by knowledge- and capability-building subjects that have been co-developed with industry to provide an applied learning experience, and a studio subject focused on understanding, analysing and evaluating challenges and opportunities organisations face. Students examine a range of environmental, social and economic drivers of megatrends influencing organisations, industry sectors and societies as they operate within planetary boundaries, and become familiar with systems thinking, multi-level perspectives and multidisciplinary methods for envisioning futures. Students are also introduced to digital technologies and explore how they change existing practices.
The course is designed for professionals wishing to strengthen their career by extending their analytical skills and leadership capability. It features:
- applied and customised training in key discipline-based and transdisciplinary tools and methodologies
- applied, work-integrated problem solving with a focus on identifying and analysing complex problems and opportunities in digital contexts
- development of leadership skills and capabilities
- all subjects are taught in intensive mode over full Fridays and Saturdays, which means students can keep working while they study, applying what they learn right away on their jobs; weekly sessions are only scheduled for in-class assessments and group coaching and mentoring sessions
- delivery by leading academics from UTS Business School who are joined by experts from other UTS faculties; students also engage with an extensive network of adjuncts and industry partners
- a cohort model fostering the development of lasting relationships with like-minded peers.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The course is suitable for students from business and non-business backgrounds who seek to upskill and develop the ability to analyse and understand complex challenges and opportunities that can transform organisations. Career options include a range of management roles with a focus on driving transformational change in large, private, public and non-profit organisations as well as in SMEs.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Minimum Academic Requirement: At least grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 out of 4, with less than 10 per cent fail grades.
All applicants who do not meet the minimum academic requirement may still be considered on the basis of :
- a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) overall minimum score of 550
Professional Experience Requirement: At least four years' full time, or equivalent, relevant work experience.
The relevant work experience must be demonstrated through a C.V. and a Statement of Service, confirming the dates of employment and the position held within the organisation.
Interview Requirement: Attend an interview with the director of the Advanced MBA.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
GMAT is a standardized, computer-based assessment used by the world's leading business schools. The test score helps business schools compare applications from around the world in an objective way. Applicants applying with a GMAT should achieve an overall minimum score of 550, with verbal 25, quantitative 35 and AWA 4.0.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 7.0 overall with a writing score of 6.5;
- TOEFL: paper based: 584-609 overall, internet based: 94-101 overall with a writing score of 24;
- AE6: Pass;
- PTE: PTE: 65-72 overall with a writing score 58;
- CAE: 185-190 with a writing score 176
- Course Code: 098169J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate in Quantitative Finance at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Executive Business Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Data Science in Quantitative Finance at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Immersion and Career Transition at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)