Doctor of Philosophy (Law)
Monash University has a proud tradition of research excellence and is committed to providing the highest quality of graduate research education. By undertaking your graduate studies at Monash, you will have the opportunity to be part of our stimulating and supportive and professional research environment.
Monash Law delivers diverse and innovative opportunities to undertake high quality and cross-disciplinary legal research ...
A Ph.D. in Law takes the form of the Monash Doctoral Program – a Ph.D. for the 21st century. At the core of the program is an extensive, independent research project on an agreed chosen topic, supported by at least two expert academic supervisors. Your study will result in a research thesis or alternative approved output, which makes a valuable contribution to the current body of knowledge on your chosen topic. The research component is enhanced by professional development activities that provide you with the skills required to make an impact in academia, industry, government, or the wider community.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The minimum qualifications for admission to PhD enrolment are:
- a bachelor's degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a master's degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full-time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners' reports will be taken into account; or
- have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Course Code: 041046B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD