Graduate Certificate in Bioinformatics
Expand your skill-set with advanced bioinformatics courses and develop specialisations for further study.
The Graduate Certificate in Bioinformatics is designed for graduates in science, IT, engineering or an approved discipline, or experienced professionals, who wish to develop and effectively use best bioinformatics practice to solve scientific problems. It will also help provide a preparation for entry into a Higher Degree by Research program.
For your half year of full-time (or part-time equivalent) studies, you'll benefit from advanced courses providing you with specialised knowledge together with valuable skills associated with your selected areas of study.
This program prepares you for a highly rewarding career in a variety of organisations, including pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, research organisations and government.
- Gain advanced knowledge in computational statistics, software engineering, data mining and genome informatics.
- Learn from academics who are leading researchers in their fields.
- Take advantage of links to industry, government and academic institutions in Australia and overseas.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree or equivalent in any discipline; or
Have completed the school's aptitude test in spoken and written Japanese and English to the standard set by the Executive Dean.
Proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English. See English Language Proficiency requirements.
Candidates must sit and pass the Aptitude Test set by the School of Languages and Cultures before being admitted to the program. A fee may apply for the Aptitude Test. More information about the aptitude test, and test dates can be found on the School of Languages and Cultures website.
IELTS overall 6.5; reading 6; writing 6; speaking 6; listening 6. For other English Language Proficiency Tests and Scores approved for UQ
TOEFL IBT - Overall 87, listening 19, reading 19, writing 21 and speaking 19.
TOEFL PB - Overall 570, listening 54, reading 54, writing 59/5.
Pearsons - Overall Score of 64 and 60 in all sub bands.
BE - A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all macro skills.
CES - Overall 176 and 169 in all sub bands.
OET is not accepted.
- Course Code: 077533A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN Conservation Biology at The University of Queensland
- GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN Bioinformatics at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland