Graduate Certificate in Bioinformatics
Expand your skill-set with advanced bioinformatics courses and develop specialisations for further study.
The Graduate Certificate in Bioinformatics is designed for graduates in science, IT, engineering or an approved discipline, or experienced professionals, who wish to develop and effectively use best bioinformatics practice to solve scientific problems. It will also help provide a preparation for entry into a Higher Degree by Research program.
For your half year of full-time (or part-time equivalent) studies, you'll benefit from advanced courses providing you with specialised knowledge together with valuable skills associated with your selected areas of study.
This program prepares you for a highly rewarding career in a variety of organisations, including pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, research organisations and government.
- Gain advanced knowledge in computational statistics, software engineering, data mining and genome informatics.
- Learn from academics who are leading researchers in their fields.
- Take advantage of links to industry, government and academic institutions in Australia and overseas.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Data scientist
- Data analyst
- Clinical data manager
- Medical writer
- Technical writer
- Research scientist
- Software/database programmer
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor degree in Science, IT, Engineering or an approved discipline, with UQ or equivalent GPA of 4.5 or above on a 7 point scale; or
5 years of work experience in the same discipline.
- Course Code: 077533A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland