Graduate Certificate in Agricultural Science
Advance your skills with leading agricultural science courses and develop specialisations for further study.
The Graduate Certificate in Agricultural Science is designed for recent graduates in any field, and for established professionals wanting to upgrade their management skills or redirect their career into agribusiness.
For your half year of full-time studies, you'll select from nearly 40 courses providing you with a high level of specialised knowledge together with valuable skills associated with your selected areas of study.
Graduates demonstrate the ability to apply leadership, research and problem-solving skills to meet the global challenges associated with feeding the world, and maintaining our environment in situations of increasing community expectations of animal welfare, biosecurity concerns, and competition for limited resources. This greatly expands your career prospects into a wide range of government, commercial, community or research-based roles.
- Study at the university ranked number one in Australia in agriculture, for both research and teaching outcomes.
- Learn from research academics who are world leaders in their disciplines, with access to extensive specialist research facilities across two campuses.
- Be exposed to the latest advances in agricultural science, including precision agriculture techniques, genetic technologies and sustainable resource management.
- Apply and sharpen your skills through field visits and laboratory practicals as part of your courses.
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Agricultural scientist
- Agricultural consultant
- Animal research scientist
- Dairy technologist
- Agricultural economist
- Extension and inspection officer
- Land information systems officer
- Plant protection adviser
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor degree in any field, with UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale; or
- 2 years of work experience in the same discipline.
- Course Code: 079376D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland