Bachelor of Music / Bachelor of Arts
This combined degree program provides scope for study in both Music and the Arts. Students complete two degree awards over four years of full time study (or part time equivalent).
The flexibility of this combined degree allows you:
- to develop skills in Music theory, technology, industry and collaboration as well as choosing to develop your creative passion and technical skills in areas of focus such as; Performance or Songwriting and Production, and
- to gather skills that will prepare you for the work place and a wide variety of careers, with the flexibility to choose from a broad range of Arts majors and minors, to match your specific interests, including pursuing themes and disciplines, gaining work experience, engaging with industry, and completing research projects.
Students will complete a major in Music and a major in Arts, with the option to complete an Arts minor or complement their degree with elective choices.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- A broad and coherent body of knowledge, with depth in the underlying principles and concepts in one or more disciplines as a basis for independent lifelong learning
- Cognitive skills to review critically, analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge
- Cognitive and technical skills to demonstrate a broad understanding of knowledge with depth in some areas
- Cognitive and creative skills to exercise critical thinking and judgement in identifying and solving problems with intellectual independence
- Communication skills to present a clear, coherent and independent exposition of knowledge and ideas
- Demonstrated the application of knowledge and skills with initiative and judgement in planning, problem solving and decision making in professional practice and/or scholarship
- Demonstrated the application of knowledge and skills to adapt knowledge and skills in diverse contexts
- Demonstrated the application of knowledge and skills with responsibility and accountability for own learning and professional practice and in collaboration with others within broad parameters
- Musicality: You will be able to create, produce, perform and/or research to a professional standard
- Knowledge: The capacity to research, analyse, and apply knowledge from disciplinary and multidisciplinary perspectives within the Bachelor of Arts.
- Communication: The developed capacity to communicate effectively across written, oral, visual, and digital forms
- Adaptability: You will have the ability to function autonomously and collaboratively with others on projects and events, as per the demands of the music industry
- Digital Fluency: You will be able to effectively integrate digital technology into your everyday music practices
- Critical thinking and research skills: The ability to identify high-quality information and critically analyse it as a user, researcher and producer, with a focus on well-reasoned argumentation.
- Intercultural competence: The ability to engage with a range of diverse perspectives from which knowledge, beliefs, and values are developed and maintained from the local to the global, regional, and global levels
- Scholarship: You will possess a critical and scholarly appreciation of music and its many aesthetics from a socio-cultural perspective
- Professionalism: You will be able to function as a professional in the music industry and act as advocate for music communities and professional bodies
- Work readiness: A demonstrated capacity to engage in teamwork, initiative, problem solving, ethical decision-making, and to manage projects.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Newcastle City campus
The University of Newcastle plays an important part in the renewed sense of vibrancy in the Newcastle CBD and our Newcastle City campus is very much at the centre of the city's burgeoning arts scene. NUspace is a $95 million landmark education building developed in 2017 by the University of Newcastle in the heart of Newcastle's CBD. NUspace harnesses the latest in technology and innovation in teaching and learning to deliver a world-class student experience by engaging students in new and exciting ways.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 0100762
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Music at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Visual Communication Design (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Development Studies (Honours) at University of Newcastle